What is required lead time?
Required lead time is a feature that allows an organization administrator to set an amount of days that a group has the ability to book a space in advance. For instance if you are a University you may want to allow students, facility and staff to book a space for a further amount of time out so that they have more availability options. Then for the general public you may want to set them with a shorter required lead time like 1 day in advance, so that your space can still be rented if not wanted by a higher priority group.
How to create required lead time:
- Starting at the organizations administrative home page, locate the Custom Groups heading on the right hand side and select the pencil icon next to the group you would like to add lead time for.
- On the "Groups and Memberships" page of the group you selected, locate the Required Lead Time heading and click on the drop down box to select the lead time you would like to apply to the group.
- When complete, be sure to select Save.
- A save success box will briefly be displayed at the bottom of the page to confirm that edits were applied to the Group.
- When you go back to your organization home page you will see the Lead Time you set to be shown under the custom groups heading.
- Now, when a renter goes to book a space or join a group, they will see that members of the North York Soccer Club will have 2 days of lead time when booking space.